March General Meeting
March 17, 6:30pm-8:30pm
232 E. 11th St., Manhattan
Join our board! Help us find the right leaders for growing the movement. NYCCGC's all volunteer board meets monthly, facilitates monthly general meetings, organizes events, protests, and rallies, and works towards protecting and preserving community gardens across the city. We are especially looking for gardeners with community organizing skills, legal expertise, fundraising experience, and event planning (we want to do another forum!) skills. We strongly encourage gardeners of color and gardeners who identify as LGBTQ and gender non-conforming to apply.
To be eligible for election, you must:
1. be a community gardener in any of the five boroughs of NYC
2. have attended at least 3 meetings in the past year. This can include local garden coalition meetings such as Huerta y Cultura, LUNGS, WHINGS, and the East New York community garden coalition. It may also include protests, rallies, and community garden hearings.
3. have contributed dues within the last year (sliding scale $1-$30)
- Monthly board meetings (first Thursday of the month, 6:30pm-8:30pm, often in Manhattan)
- Monthly general meetings (third Thursday of the month, 6:30pm-8:30pm)
- Any additional work board members are able to take on: community organizing, event planning, communications/website, etc.
Anyone who wishes to run for the board of NYCCGC, please send Aziz (email@example.com) a brief paragraph about why you wish to join the board, your history with community gardening, and what skills/energies you bring to the table. Spread the word and help us find the right leaders for growing the movement!